ENROLLMENT NOW OPEN
We look forward to having you join JAMS. Enrollment is easy, please follow the steps below:
- Email JAMS at [email protected] to confirm your term and level.
- Our JAMS Parent Coordinator will request that you schedule a free assessment to identify the correct level for your child.
- Please submit one form per child. When enrolling multiple students, you have to submit one form per student.
- When selecting the class schedule, please note that JAMS Staff will work closely with you to find the most suitable level and a convenient time for your child. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
- Submitting the form alone does NOT guarantee placement. To secure your placement, we request you submit the form and submit payment via check or cash.
MEET OUR STAR STUDENTS
WAY TO GO, DHUN!
If you see Dhun Kakkar in the halls, make sure you give her a big high five and tell her good job!
Dhun, a student at Jacob Wismer School, scored in the 97th percentile on her third grade CogAT ability test and in the 97th percentile on her Iowa Test for math. Way to go, Dhun! We’re proud of you.
ACHYUTAN VEERARAGHAVAN RECOGNIZED AS TALENTED & GIFTED IN MATHEMATICS
JAMS is proud to share the news that one of our students, Achyutan Veeraraghavan, was recently recognized by the Beaverton School District as Talented and Gifted (TAG) in Mathematics. Achyut first enrolled at JAMS back in early 2016, and according to his mother, his skills have increased exponentially since then. In addition, his ability to focus on tasks at hand and his discipline for schoolwork has also increased.
Join us in congratulating Achyut for his hard work, and his parents in their support of it… way to go Achyut!
WINSTON CHAN TALLIES UP MORE HONORS!
Last winter JAMS student Winston Chan took first place honors at the Pan Pacific Abacus & Mental Arithmetic Competition. Earlier this month, he did it again! Winston took first place at the All-USA Calculation Contest, held in Milpitas California. Way to go Winston!
ALL-USA CALCULATION CONTEST
Let’s congratulate JAMS student Winston Chan. Winston received the first place prize at the All-USA Calculation Contest on August 12, 2016.
STAR STUDENTS – MARCH 2016
We had so many spectacular Star Students this Spring Term!
JAMS STUDENTS WIN BIG AT GLOBAL COMPETITION!
On December 29th, 2015 Sensei Miwako Sakabayashi brought students Winston Chan and Riko Mizuno to participate in The 15th Pan Pacific Abacus & Mental Arithmetic Competition. More than 250 students representing nine countries from around the world competed. Winston captured 1st place in his group and Riko captured 4th place in hers. Sensei Miwako was also named Best Teacher.
Congratulations to Winston and Riko – your hard work has really paid off and you’re both a great example to all JAMS students! Keep up the good work!
JAMS PARENT MENTOR PROGRAM
Every JAMS student and parent is a member of the JAMS Parent Mentor Program. The program is designed to help our students and their families excel at JAMS and connect with other parents with similar concerns. To participate:
- Please contact us at [email protected].
- We’ll find a suitable match for you, based on your needs.
- We’ll connect you to your mentor via an email introduction.
The annual competition – Abacus Masters – is held in winter semester in each year and participation is required of all students. This mandatory event is for all JAMS students and students from other states. Our annual national competition involves our students competing against the region’s best and brightest. The competition includes written, flash Anzan and oral Abacus, a group photo and an award ceremony. It’s a great way for friends and family to see the remarkable skills your child has developed and to cheer them on!