From Our Parents & Students...
Ms. Miwako is a very dedicated teacher with ability to motivate kids to achieve challenging goals. She has a very unique ability to keep each of her students focused on their individual work. She maintains a very small class size and so she is able to provide individual attention to each student. Enrolling our son in Ms. Miwako’s Abacus math has been one of the best decisions we have made. -- Kiran & Priya
JAMS – The Japanese Abacus Math School…
Where your child’s success really adds up!
At JAMS – The Japanese Abacus Math School – while we specialize in providing Abacus instruction our goal is to work closely with our students to encourage them to succeed. We believe that by empowering them to achieve success with the Abacus – focusing on classroom lessons and homework assignments – they will grow in areas that go well beyond the classroom. That’s been our approach since we opened our doors in 2001… LEARN MORE
Registration for JAMS of Portland is required for all classes. JAMS does offer a FREE class preview. To schedule your no-obligation preview, give us a call at 503.419.8084.
Registration and Tuition Payments
Enrollment is not guaranteed until registration and tuition is received. Tuition must be paid in full order for your child to attend their first class. A late fee of $25 will be assessed to your tuition for payment received after the deadline date published.
If tuition is not received by the first day of class, students will not be allowed to stay for class until payment is received. The student’s seat is not guaranteed and may be released to another student.
Registration form is required to be submitted for every term, days selected for attendance cannot be guaranteed, and seating is reserved and confirmed on first come basis of registration and tuition received.
Our preferred method of payment is by check. However, for your convenience we also accept credit card payments via PayPal. There is an additional 5% fee added to PayPal payments.
There will be a fee of $35.00 for any NSF check or returned checks.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations must be submitted in writing (mail) and will be processed as follows:
- Each class registration is held to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 11-30 days prior to the start of class, half of the total fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel 10 days or less prior to the start of camp or class, no amount will be refunded.
- Registrations and fees are nontransferable between applicants.
- Late Payments: Payments received after the deadline posted/announced are subject to a $25.00 late fee.
Fall Term : Sept. 8 to Nov. 25, 2015
|Mon. – Thu. 3:30 – 4:30Fri. – 4:00 – 5:00
Fri. – 5:00 – 6:00
|Mon. – Tue. 4:30 – 6:00|
|Thu. 4:30 – 6:15|
|Wed. 4:30 – 6:30|
Events & Closures
- 9/4 – Fall Term Tuition Due
- 9/5 – Fall Registration Ends
- 9/7 – Closed – Labor Day
- 11/2 – Winter Term & Camp Registration Begins
- 11/9 – 11/13 – Final Week of Regular Scheduled Classes
- 11/16 – 11/20 – Exam Week for Intermediate, Pre-Advanced and Advanced
- 11/23 – 11/25 – Make-Up Week – No Regular Classes in Session
- 11/26 – 12/11 – Closed for Winter Break
- 12/11 – Winter Camp Registration Ends